1/2 C. Butter (1 stick), softened
1/4 C. Sugar
1/2 C. Brown sugar
1 Large Egg, room temperature (otherwise your butter will seize up when you mix it in)
1 tsp. Vanilla
1/2 tsp. Baking Soda
1/4 tsp. Kosher Salt
1 1/4 C. All Purpose flour
6 oz. (1/2 bag) Chocolate chips
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Cream together butter and both sugars until well combined, or about 2 minutes.
3. Add the egg and vanilla and mix until combined.
4. Stir in the baking soda, salt and flour until mixture forms a ball.
5. Fold in chocolate chips.
6. Bake at 350 for approx. 10-12 minutes (cooking times may vary between ovens) until light golden brown. Allow to cool on cookie sheet for 1 minute, then move to a cooling rack or plate.